"Reminder: If you are a PhD candidate graduating from China, please check if you could ensure your certificate has "Doctor of Philosophy" written on it. Most of the certificates in China don't have "Doctor of Philosophy" written on them but Doctor of Management(DMgt), Doctor of Engineering (D.Eng). These are often considered professional doctorates and not academic (PhD) and it might worry you in your future endeavors especially if you plan to continue in the academia. It seems to be a translation issue; and your University may consider resolving it if brought to their attention".


- Professor Mills