Africa Day Annual International Conference on Precision Citizen Participation (PCP) 2022
May 19, 2022 @ 12:00 PM - May 25, 2022 @ 2:00 PM UTC
Theme: The AU “Africa-We-Want-Agenda-2063”: Unveiling Opportunities for the Private-Sector Citizens and Institutions
TO AVERT LETTING IT HAPPEN AGAIN, WE HAVE TAKEN IT UPON OURSELVES NEVER TO STOP CALLING ON CITIZENS OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND DIASPORA AFRICANS ALL OVER THE WORLD TO ARISE NOW AND PARTICIPATE, AFRICA DAY ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PRECISION CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (PCP) IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY
In order to get the best out of the conference for yourself as an individual, your family, your country and our continent, a little preparation is advised. You may consider investing a few minutes to visit the two web-links on the African Union (AU) website (point 3 below) to familiarize yourself even if a little with the AU Agenda 2063 including the 7 aspirations, the goals, the priority areas and the First Ten-Year Implementation Plan (FTYIP).
Beyond the conference, to receive updates on multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research in all fields, entrepreneurial, volunteer and training opportunities in line with your competencies as it relates to the AU Agenda 2063, happenings in key African industrialization priority areas for various countries, smart technologies, intelligent manufacturing, and steps towards creation of the “Africa We Want”, click the link above to register.
This year, in continued commemoration of the Annual Africa Day, while appreciating the achievements of our ancestors, far and near, and diverse innovative continental repair works being driven by citizens of Africa, home and abroad, we have invited 21 speakers, validated leaders in their own rights, from 11 countries to ‘park’ here with us as we drive conversations and plan sustainable pursuit of precise mutually beneficial actionable steps (PREMBAS) which are related to the competencies of African citizens and their strategic partners.
WHY DID WE TAKE IT UPON OURSELVES AND WHAT HAPPENED PREVIOUSLY?
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) 2000 - 2015, Africa was left behind...
- 8 years to 2030, expiry date of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which go by the slogan "...that none be left behind", suddenly COVID-19 comes along and aggravates Africa's already bad 'left-behind' status.
- The First Ten-Year Implementation Plan (FTYIP) (2013 - 2023) https://au.int/en/agenda2063/ftyip of the AU Agenda 2063 https://au.int/en/agenda2063/goals which outlines 7 aspirations, 20 goals and 39 priority areas aimed at enhancing the quality of lives of all citizens of Africa elapses next year but much is left to be desired.
- Research has it that a key lesson learned from MDGs is that localization of global goals is what is required to gain the type of success targeted by the world through UN SDGs.
- Another name for localization would be Precise Citizen Participation through Precise Mutually Beneficial Actionable Steps (PREMBAS).
- Due to the severity of Africa’s challenges, the Organization of African Academic Doctors (OAAD), TogetherPeople International, other partners, companies and globally acclaimed African citizens spread across over 70 countries have initiated diverse long-term sustainable initiatives intended to help Africans create the Africa We Want by ourselves while engaging with partners who see mutual benefits!
- Guided by the AU Agenda 2063, we have set up the OAAD Solutions for Communities Initiative (OAAD SCI) under which we shall be inaugurating African Competency-Based Precision Citizen Participation Sub-Initiative (ACB PCPI).
Speakers, Topics and Dates: https://africanacademicdoctors.org/speakers-dates/
- Online (ZOOM) Dates: May 19, 2022 - May 25, 2022Daily: 12:00 PM - 2.00 PM Greenwich Mean TimeJoin Zoom Meeting Tap here to join Meeting ID: 885 5871 1132Passcode: 605834
- TogetherPeople International’s Headquarters, Shanghai, No. 100 East Sports Club, Lane 1, Suite 1104, Hongkou District, Shanghai China (If the pandemic control measures allow).